BAT Theater board members celebrate the launch of the ‘Less Is More’ campaign and their new bus advertisement promoting BAT Theatre. Photo credit: Timothy Aguero Photography
South King County Cultural Attractions is inviting locals to drop off their devices and step out with a new ad campaign.
“less is morelands on your transit journey this week. Don’t miss this awareness campaign educating cyclists on the many cultural attractions available in South King County, now offering outdoor activities for spring. On King County Metro and Sound Transit Light Rail, ads encourage self-care and urge commuters across the region to unplug their digital devices and get outside.
Runners are invited to enjoy “Less screen time, more game time» with BAT Theater and «Menos aislar, more celebrar(less isolation, more celebration) by connecting with Alimentando al Pueblo, an organization that promotes community healing, food and celebration in Highline.
The group of eleven organizations, members of the South King County Cultural Coalition (SoCoCulture), pooled their resources and, with the help of a grant from 4Culture, raised enough money to advertise in public transport. Advertising is a marketing expense that most cultural organizations in our region cannot afford, preventing them from connecting with local and regional audiences.
The campaign is running in transit through June and there is online information on https://sococulture.org/more.
- Alimentando al PuebloHighline “Menos aislar, más celebrar.”
- Burien Actors Theater. “Less screen time, more game time.”
- Kent Town Summer Concerts. “Less desk chair, more fresh air.”
- Greater Kent Historical Society. “Less social distance, more shared traditions. “
- Highline Botanical Garden, Sea Tac. “Less scrolling, more walking.”
- Wild Lake Arboretum, Maple Valley. “Less emails, more walking paths.”
- Pacific Bonsai Museum, Federal way. “Less TV, more small tree.”
- Pacific Islands Community Association of WA, Federal way. “Less calamity, more community.”
- Renton Municipal Arts Commission. “Less live streaming, more live music.”
- Botanical garden of rhododendron species, Federal way. “Less zoom, more flowers.”
- Soos Creek Botanical Garden, Auburn. “Less screen, more green.”
This pilot project was organized by 4Culture, Pacific Bonsai Museum and SoCoCulture to learn how to implement a collaborative marketing campaign and develop a model for others to follow in their efforts to increase audience access.